Saturday, September 6, 2008

Photographer's Favourite

Photographer’s Favourite features two specially selected images from a Photographers of Etsy team member, and their personal thoughts about them. The first photo is from their own collection, and the other is from a fellow teammate.

Today's selection has been chosen by Florida-based Stacy Beck, from CitrusTree.


Of her own photograph, Stacy says:

"This one of mine is my favorite one today; my favorite changes from day to day, depending on my mood and what the day brings. It is an original photo of my daughter, manipulated in PhotoShop, and then digitally mixed with an abstract painting of my sister's (Studio236)... I have then added some graphic details and coloring to give it some depth and interest. As you can see, it includes my favorite blues and greens, which run through most of my work. I sometimes find it difficult to get away from these colors. I like this photo because of her expression -- one of both determination and intrigue."

Stacy's favourite image is by Daniel Sroka,who is based in New Jersey.


Of Daniel's image, Stacy says:

"This macro of a rose is so incredibly intriguing. And the colors -- to die for. Daniel's technique of capturing nature and displaying it in a way that is so abstractly wonderful fills me with awe. The beauty is in its simplicity."


Photographer's Favourite is compiled by Rhiannon Connelly. She’s a professional portrait and fine art photographer based in Edinburgh, Scotland. Most of the photographs she currently shows on Etsy are what she calls “Polaroid Paintings” – using the nearly extinct SX70 Polaroid film to create dreamy images halfway between photograph and painting. One of the best things about this technique is that after taking the photograph most of the work is done in a cafe! See more in her Etsy shop , her website and her blog.

Please contact Rhiannon if you would like to participate in a future Photographer's Favourite.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Breath taking work. I love the flower's colors.

Sock Monkey Greetings said...

Nice photo. I actually thought it was a photo of a woman laying on her stomach at first. I love photos that make your mind think about what the picture is showing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Stacy for your kind words about my photograph. I appreciate it!