Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Welcome New Team Members

It was very exciting to be an American yesterday on Election Day, but it also made me sleepy. I got up at 5 in the morning to make sure I was able to vote because I thought it was going to be very crowded. This was quite a feat for me because I am definitely not a morning person. I walked over to the polling place (about a block away from my house) with my husband in the dark, and by the time we were finished and walking back home the sun had come out, the temperature was warm, the bird were chirping and the sky was sunny and clear. It was such a serene experience, and really too infrequent, so I thought I would seek out some more serenity with these beautiful morning images from some of our newest Etsy team members.


Early Morning Mist - donnakbaker


Empty Nest - buckscountyframes


Peaceful Sky - toeNja


Sunrise, Albemarle Sound - attheendoftheday


i lost it in the desert - jamiewayne


Fire and Ice - KarrieWelbornPhotos


Washington Monument at Dawn - janmoralesphoto



The New Members feature is compiled by Gigi Leonard. Gigi is a Chicago-based bon vivant and self-taught photographer whose camera lens automatically turns toward the poetry of the everyday. She is currently working on a black and white landscape series, thinking about having another cup of coffee and enjoying the tones and temperatures of Autumn. You can see her work here and view her latest finds from the world of art and decor on her blog, the roadside scholar.

1 comment:

Judi FitzPatrick said...

Welcome new members - such amazing images they bring to this already talented team!
Peace, Judi