Friday, October 24, 2008

New Works!

I've been thinking about nature this week, I think maybe because the seasons are changing. Even though the fall is gorgeous and winter is so pretty, I'm already missing the warmer months as I put my jacket on before I go outside. I'm noticing that the light is changing. It splashes onto corners of brick buildings and the sidewalk, and when the wind blows I stop to listen for the rustling of leaves. I look to see them blowing down the street and I think to myself I can't believe how quickly the year flew by. If I start to feel a little blue about it, all I need to do is check out the photography on Etsy to perk me up. It really works! I chose these photographs this week because some of them remind me of the warm sun on my skin, cool lake waters and the promise of new seasons. And I chose a few others to remind me of the dazzling photo ops the rest of the year will bring.


Electric Harmony - ferventbutterfly


Pink Fog and Trees - MoonbirdHillArts


Surreal Crystal Glow - gothicrow


Brant Point Sunset - Knight27


Heart of the Ocean - flywithme


Change - flandersfield


Blue Jay in Spring - JMcGuinness


New Works is compiled by Pam Hardy. Pam lives in beautiful Alberta, Canada. She has always been fascinated with cameras and has been taking pictures most of her life. Her favorite things to photograph are flowers and animals, and she enjoys experimenting with new subjects and techniques. See Pam's website here and her shop right here.

2 comments:

Fervent Butterfly Photography said...

I feel the exact same way. The fall is a beautiful time of the year, but I prefer the warmer weather.

Thank you so much for including my Electric Harmony in your blog post!

Me said...

These photos are amazing. So nice to see on such a gloomy day in Boston!