Tuesday, October 7, 2008

How I Did It

Name: Kate Schick of Tuscany Studio
Location: The photo was taken in on our farm in Florida before we moved here to Texas.
How I took the shot: I had a "secret garden" in Florida that you reached by going through arches of honeysuckle and ivy. Every morning the honeysuckle would be draped with the most amazing cobwebs covered in dew. The mist would be rising up off the fields - it's an image that I will always remember!

The photo was taken with my trusty Pentax K10 with a Sigma Macro lens. All of the cobweb photographs in my shop (like Spiderweb and Concentric Circles) were taken in the same location at the same time, with different textures added later. I used a sky/cloud texture shot I had taken and layered it with the Hope Floats print on Photoshop. The end result was a nice watery, misty, muted color that combined well with the dewdrops on the web.



How I Did It is compiled by Susannah Tucker. Susannah is a self-taught photographer based in Melbourne, Australia. She has been fascinated with photography since she was a young girl, and enjoys experimenting with techniques, layers and textures. View the collection in her shop here.

Please contact Susannah if you would like to participate in a future How I Did It feature.