Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Photographer's Favourite

Photographer’s Favourite features two specially selected images from a Photographers of Etsy team member, and their personal thoughts about them. The first photo is from their own collection, and the other is from a fellow teammate.


Today's selection is from Anne Bowerman, aka Anniebee, a photographer based in New York.



"My favorite photo would have to be tree deer. It was one of the first photographs I took with my Polaroid SX-70 camera and marked the beginning of a love affair with polaroids that continues to this day. It also features one of the deer from my extensive deer collection (my favorite models!)."


Anne has chosen this image by Nancy Stockdale, aka futurowoman who is based in Denton, Texas.




"It was difficult to chose a favorite image (I have soooo many!) but I've selected Flatiron. The Flatiron building is one of my favorite NYC buildings and Nancy's photo does a lovely job of capturing its spirit. Nancy is also a gifted polaroid photographer and I've been an admirer of hers for some time. Edwin Land called the SX-70 "the magic camera" and Nancy's Polaroid SX-70 shots are truly magical."



Photographer's Favourite is compiled by Rhiannon Connelly. She’s a professional portrait and fine art photographer based in Edinburgh, Scotland. Most of the photographs she currently shows on Etsy are what she calls “Polaroid Paintings” – using the nearly extinct SX70 Polaroid film to create dreamy images halfway between photograph and painting. One of the best things about this technique is that after taking the photograph most of the work is done in a cafe! See more in her Etsy shop , her website and her blog.

Please contact Rhiannon if you would like to participate in a future Photographer's Favourite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so honored--thank you so much, Anne!

Judi FitzPatrick said...

Thanks for sharing work by both of these talented Etsy photographers!