Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Inspirations

Inspirations is a regular feature that includes two photographs selected by one member of the Photographers of Etsy. The first photo is from that team member's personal collection, with some insight into the specific motivation behind it. The second is from another teammate, with some thoughts on why that image is particularly exciting to them.


Title:
Stillness
Artist and shop name: Sue of DistinctivePhotos

On describing what inspired her to take this photograph, Sue says:

I am always a bit sad when fall starts. Summer will always be my favorite (not sure why I stay in New England) I was walking around our field one day and saw this thistle plant all fluffy and ready to fly away. As I was shooting it I was noticing the great play of light going on behind along with the contrast of the fluffy silk and the sharp points. After I was doing getting the shots I wanted, I sat for quite awhile enjoying the stillness of the day and the beauty that was in front of me.




Title: Winter Moon Bluebirds
Shop name: MoonbirdHillArts

On why this image inspires her, Sue says:

The other photo that I choose was from MoonbirdHillArts it is a print called "Winter Moon Bluebirds". I am very drawn to this piece for a number of reasons. I love the colors, the textures and the shadows. For me, there is a feeling of calmness and peace that comes across when I look at this. I love photographs that evoke emotions and this one does that quite well.


Inspirations is compiled by Hannah Verbeuren. Hannah is a trained photographer who resides in Cleveland, OH with her husband Dirk and their motley crüe of cats. Her passion for photography reared its head when documenting live bands, skateboarding and parties became more than just social gatherings but also the means to an image. Currently, she works in the music industry (writing, peddling and organizing) and takes photos wherever she may roam. See Hannah's photography collection at her shop and website, and say hello to her on her blog.

Please contact Hannah if you would like to participate in a future Inspirations feature.

No comments: