Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Focus On: "Hope", "Renewal" and "New Beginnings"

I have a feature on my own blog called "Tagline Roulette" were I take a word randomly selected from a list and use it to search for images created by POE team members, which I then use to populate the feature.  Last week I broke from my self imposed conventions and used a list of non-random words to create a group of images based on an end of the year theme of "death before rebirth", "decay before renewal", "ending before a new beginning" and "pathways to the future".  This week I wanted to do the opposite here and focus on the flip-side of those themes; "rebirth", "renewal" and "new beginnings", while still keeping an eye to the "pathways to the future".  To do that I conducted an Etsy search of for images by POE members based on the tag words "hope", "discovery", "future", "new beginning", "resolution", "doorway" and "looking forward".  What follows is a compilation of 24 images that, for me at least, evoke the feelings of the theme.  I hope you enjoy the images as much as I did bringing them to you.

THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE - hlkparis



Holding Hope in Her Hands - bluemoonstudio



the immigrants - driftstudios



Hope - JenniferLynnPhotos



Hope - henatayeb



Road to Somewhere - EleventhMuse



I'll take endless showers... - ajawin



Great Expectations - clcphotos



A rough start - dancingtreephoto



Be Bold - RightOnStrange



Lost in a Dream - Ellogovna



Highline - poofny



Road in Bloom - rrobertsphoto



LITTLE DID SHE KNOW - SlothArt



Double Bubble - ablaze



Fire Takes You Up - siriusimagery



Eye on the Ocean - CreationsByKai



Still ain't heard the news - PhotoGrunt



Basking Giant - tnoble8238



Happy Way - maryvican



The Mall - JBWPhoto



Happiness is ... A New Puppy - timkantphotography



Reach the Light - Aztek721



The Gym - JulieMagersSoulen

__________________________________________________

PhotoGrunt is Steve Raley, a photographic documentarian from Seattle, Washington.  He captures images wherever he goes, and he  frequently even uses a camera.  His work can be seen on his websiteblog and his Etsy shop.

15 comments:

Beth said...

This is a lovely collection of photos -- just right for the New Year!

Randall Roberts said...

Hope springs eternal; a great way to start the new year. Thanks, Steve!

Unknown said...

As always your selections take my breath away Steve. I particularly love "the immigrants - driftstudios," "I'll take endless showers... - ajawin," and "Happiness is ... A New Puppy - timkantphotography." I can't resist a puppy! Thanks so much for including my work.

Cheers!
Julie
Julie Magers Soulen Photography

BLUEYEDUCKstudios said...

exceptional collection Steve - thanks for sharing

~katey
(fan of driftstudios)

Mary said...

Wonderful selections and themes!I love the juxtaposition of nature and gritty urban art. I really enjoy "Rough Start". Thank you for the inclusion, Steve! ;)

Judi FitzPatrick said...

Such perfect examples of the focus words; thanks for sharing!
Peace, Judi

Celtic Cat said...

I love this collection of artwork!

Dancing Tree Photography said...

What a wonderful collection! I really love the theme. Thanks so much for including my photo. Happy New Year!

Daria

JenniferLynnPhotos said...

A stunning collection - Thank you so much for including my 'Hope' amongst these wonderful selections!

photosofetsy said...

I love the way you think! The theme as well as the selections. I see a lot of new shops to explore! Thanks for your efforts and creativity. Be bold!

Dorothyann
RightOnStrange

Anonymous said...

I love the way you think! The theme as well as the selections. I see a lot of new shops to explore! Thanks for your efforts and creativity. Be bold!

Dorothyann
RightOnStrange

Unknown said...

I love your theme! This is a beautiful collection of photos and I'm honored to have been included. Thanks so much Steve!

Allan said...

Great collection for the new year! Thanks for including me!

Bill said...

Good stuff. Great job selecting images and thanks to those creating them!

clippingimages said...

Excellent blog.Thanks for sharing this blog.


havenlife@rocketmail.com