Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wandering Eye

There are high roads, low roads and roads that rise up to meet you.  At least one road is paved with good intentions, and if the old adage is to be believed, it will lead one straight to perdition.  It was once said that "all roads lead to Rome"; that may or may not have been true, but what is true is that all roads lead somewhere, even if that "somewhere" is in "the middle of nowhere".  This time out the Wandering Eye settles on "the road"; and, why would it not?  The road is a very handy thing to anyone that wanders, whether it be to Rome or to the middle of nowhere.

Road Less Traveled - RightOnStrange



The path - MatkirschPhoto



Scarlet Skies - studiocvh



Ditch Road - rrobertsphoto



Old Homestead - curioush



Winter moon - DavePeterson



head for the hills - shannonpix



Forgotten Road - JulieMagersSoulen



Street Iron - edrazphotography



Liquid Tunnel - mariterecr



And I, I took the one less traveled by - LindseysPhotography



All roads lead to... - ewaldronyuhas



Wanderer - davita



Country Road - bbrunophotography



On Meetinghouse Road - buckscountyframes



Comm Lines - PhotoGrunt



30mph Corner - jessicarogers



The Road - dnoyes



The Road - SilverHorsePhotos



Through the Dark Woods - firstlightphoto



Which Way Today - ljdesignphoto



RR Railroad Crossing 2 - Justbecausephoto



The High Road - photographybyGray



October Morning - LaurieBreton



Nobody Home - kellywarrenphotoart



middle of the road - saramontour



Freedom - MagMoment



Bronxville Street Sign - JBWPhoto



_________________________________________________

"Wandering Eye" is also "PhotoGrunt" and Steve Raley, a photographic documentarian from Seattle, Washington.  He captures images wherever he goes, and he  frequently even uses a camera.  His work can be seen on his websiteblog and his Etsy shop.

15 comments:

bbrunophotography said...

Steve, I'm honored that you chose my print to fit in with your theme. This is a fabulous collection - lots of great images to admire. Thanks so much!

Jessica said...

Great collection of images! Thanks for including my 30mph Corner :)

Jay B. Wilson said...

Thanks, Photogrunt, for including me. Funny, I wasn't sure which of my photos you'd include until I got to it - guess I never realized how many "road" photos I have. Thanks!

Lindsey said...

Great theme. That winter moon is unbelievable. constc

Van said...

Great collection of team-photos! Thank you for including my "Path"!

First Light Photography said...

Wow, all I can say, Steve, is ...
"You sure know how to pick 'em!" A truly amazing and inspiring collection! Thanks so much for including my photo here!
Sue

Unknown said...

I enjoyed looking at this collection so much. We have some amazing talent her on Etsy and I am honored to be included.

Cheers!
Julie
Julie Magers Soulen Photography

photosofetsy said...

A road less travelled has led me to many an adventure (and misadventure), to some incredibly beautiful places and to meeting lovely, interesting people. The thrill of the unknown at the end of a road can be intoxicating, though sometimes paralyzing, but so far has ended well (I'm still here!). Thanks for the "Wandering Eye" and the many less travelled roads! Dorothyann

MagMoment said...

Very nice collection that seems to belong together perfectly!

Kelly Warren said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for including my "Nobody Home." This is such an awesome grouping but if I had to pick a favorite I'd say it's "Ditch Road" by rrobertsphoto. The use of light and dark in that shot is amazing.

Haunted Playlist said...

Fantastic group of wanderlust-inspiring images. Many thanks for including mine.

shannonblue said...

A great collection. Thanks so much for including me here, Steve.

Just Because said...

What a great selection of images. All so unique and with a personal view of the roads we all travel.
thank you so much for including my rail road crossing photo in this intriguing collection.

Celtic Cat said...

This is a really amazing collection of POE members!

3 AM Art said...

Great collection of images! I love them all, Strange Rd. is lots of fun!